12.02.2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas....

So in between studying and band practices, Mikey and I have found the time for some Christmas cheer!!  Sunday night we made cinnamon ornaments, which are very sentimentally dear to me because I had them on my tree when I was a little girl and my favorite cat used to rub against them and smell like cinnamon every Christmas!  So Mikey and I got our hands a little dirty and made them!
Then, we went Monday night to get our tree, but sadly, they were closed! I was so upset, but Mikey made cinnamon rolls and we ended up having a great night anways...and then we got our tree this afternoon.  Now don't think I'm weird, but my family has this tradition of naming our trees every year...so I wanted to carry that on in my new family with Mikey, so our tree has been dubbed Edwardo!  He is a really cute little fat tree.  Mikey met me on a break from work, and we picked him out and brought him home.  We just got done decorating good ole Edwardo with all our new, slightly cheap, but very sparkly decorations, and adding some festive lights to our porch! :) haha  And now, we're watching Elf, Mikey's favorite Christmas movie! 
I've had such a great time preparing for Christmas, especially because I'm loving making new traditions with my wonderful husband!  Our first tree is a beauty, and I'm sure we'll remember Edwardo for years to come :)

--sorry the videos are sideways...we're still working on our video skills!

3 comments:

Hilary Surratt said...

I will have to come and check out your beautiful Christmas lights!!! Your tree looks amazing and I totally love your star!

carlynn said...

those videos made me laugh!!! i like the name of the tree.

The Baurs said...

I can't wait to come over! :) And Carly... you would like that name! LOL