1.28.2011

Durgapur

So thankful for all of the blessings and the wonderful memories from my time in Durgapur India! We were there for 10 days, and I would absolutely love to go back, especially with Mikey next time :) My favorite parts of the trip were:  1) the clinics we did every day, some in Durgapur, some in towns an hour or two away, and 2) the time we got to spend with the kids living on the compound where we stayed!  Those kids have been through some crazy things and have some wonderful stories...it was inspiring to hear their stories and to see their openness and joy in the face of some of life's great challenges.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures, showing some of the amazing times we had in Durgapur.

 Our room :)

 Teaching the children how to use a stethoscope

 Hugging on some of the children at one of the clinics!

 With one of the families we visited in the slums in Durgapur

 Learning some traditional Indian dance moves from some of my new friends!

 A typical Indian town's downtown area...I can't remember which one this was.

 Some of the kids in one of the slums we visited...they loved having their pictures taken! :)

Taking one child's temperature at one of the clinics

3 comments:

Kristin said...

What wonderful memories Anna!

Sarah Ann said...

I'm so proud of you! :) I love these pictures and can't wait to hear more about it!!!

Unknown said...

so glad you do the blog honey - it helps us all stay up with you and follow your thoughts. you are an awesome young lady - love you tons! Mom