5.02.2011

the wild things

Today, the Baurs have been getting attacked by nature!  This morning, I headed to the beach with my friend Chelsie, and after being there for a few hours, I pulled out the PB&J I had packed.  About half way through my first piece, a seagull swooped down, biting my finger, and taking the sandwich right out of my hand!  I actually felt its beak bite my finger!


Then, we went back to my house, where i proceeded to let the pups out in the backyard.  After a bit, Oliver (our terrier) started barking madly at what looked a bit like a bird that had fallen down on the wooden sandbox at the bottom of a play-set in the corner of our backyard.  My friend Chelsie went to investigate, where she saw a huge snake, that was in the process of eating a mouse, which was the only thing visible from the other side of the sandbox.  My dog had been about one foot from this snake, barking his head off at it!  We scooped up the dogs, and ran back inside.  By the time we went out to take a picture and possibly do the snake some harm a couple of minutes later, it was gone.

{i would post a snake picture, but they all freaked me out too much!)

I normally love spending time hanging out with the dogs or reading in the backyard, but I am so freaked out by nature right now, that it may be a few days before I do so again.  I have enlisted my husband to quickly mow and rake the back yard to prevent further slithering friends from joining us.  I just hope these attacks from wildlife don't become a trend!

2 comments:

Makai said...

Oh, poor Anna! Girl be careful!

carissa said...

Oh gracious. How awful! The seagull?! I have to admit it's funny, but definitely so not nice! ; ) glad you all survived!