6.22.2011

Cancun!

Mikey and I just got back from a 5 night trip to the same hotel we went to for our honeymoon, the Sun Palace Resort in Cancun...it is an all-inclusive, adults only resort that we normally wouldn't ever be able to go on for summer vacation, but thanks to tax refunds and some diligent saving, we made it this summer as a celebration of our 3 years of marriage and as a last big hurrah before I start med school!  We are so glad to be home (and both recovering from a little travel sickness), but we had so many good times on our trip! It was nice to get away just the two of us :)  Here are a few of my favorite things from the trip...

1. salsa lessons!!  I really wanted to do these, and Mikey was such a good sport, since he isn't normally very into dancing.  We had such a great time!

2. reading on the beach while Mikey body surfed in the waves.  Since it rained 3 days in a row, we didn't get to spend as much time out on the beach as we would have liked, but when we could be out there, we were soaking it all up!! This part of the trip reminded me most of our honeymoon :)

3.  the night we went to the Italian restaurant at the resort and got to sit in this glass room, looking out over the pools and the beach.  The food was excellent, and the company was even better.  We talked about so many things, and it was such a sweet and beautiful time!

4.  we got 300 credits to spend at the spa, and my wonderful husband let me use all of them!  So I was at the spa more mornings than not...getting a back massage, a manicure, a pedicure, and a hot stone massage (I had been wanting to try this, and while it was very relaxing, I think I'll stick to plain ole regular massages from now on...fyi)  It was so nice having some pampering time to start out most of the days on our trip!

So those are the highlights, and here are some pictures to give you a better idea of our stay :)







Happy 3rd anniversary, Mikey!
I love you!

3 comments:

LeAnna said...

Ohhh, so jealous of your hot stone massage! I've always wanted one of those, I bet it was awesome. LOVE the picture of your Bible at the beach, that is so cool, and that passage of scripture is near to my heart!

Anne @ Sincerely, Britches said...

Awww, sounds lush!! I've always wanted to try Salsa dancing too! Glad you talked him into it! :) The Bible on the beach pic is great! Very creative.

carissa said...

happy 3rd anniversary! i remember your beautiful wedding like it was yesterday.

i agree with LeAnna - great Bible/beach pic and such beautiful Scripture verses with great promise.

you two are so cute! glad you got some r and r together.