11.10.2011

my theology

"The whole point of what we're urging is simply love-love uncontaminated by self-interest and counterfeit faith, a life open to God" -1 Timothy 1:5

My theology:


God is good.  He is perfect, beautiful, holy, righteous, gracious, glorious, creative, powerful, and King.


God made the world.
The world is not so good.  Not so holy.  Not so beautiful.



There is no sinner or saint, no man or woman, no righteous or unrighteous, no ruler or subject among us.  There is only human.
Broken.
All of us.
Those of us that know God and those of us that don't.


But
wholeness,
holiness,
is
not
impossible.


Because God is loving.  He IS love itself.


He loves me.
He loves you.


He made me.
He made you.


He saved me.
He saved you.


He has restored us.  Given us the opportunity to be beautiful, like Him, like we are meant to be.


The difference is our heart, our future, our hope.


When we know God, we don't magically stop sinning.  But we want to.  For God. For His holiness and goodness and beauty.


So when we look at other people, no matter who they are or what they have done, we should look as fellow prisoners, seeing our common ground, our common desperate need for God.


And we should love.  We should share God through our love.  We should share God in love.


And it should always be about God...not about rules, not about categories, not about risks or benefits.


God first.
God last.
God only.


I pray that God keeps speaking to my heart every day, reminding me of who He is, who I am, and who He has called me to be.  I want to honor Him.  I want to glorify my King, the only one who is perfect and glorious and holy in Himself.

3 comments:

Ashton Phillips said...

Anna, you are so wonderful. This post is spot on.

Mom said...

i love this Annie. Wonderfully written and so true. I love that you share your heart with us. I know God is smiling about you!

Hannah said...

beautifully put.