1.04.2009

A Fresh Start

This Christmas break has been absolutely amazing! It's been nice to have some time to settle down and appreciate all that this past year has held:
~Moving back to Charleston
~Transferring to CofC
~Deciding to graduate a year early, then a semester early
~Getting married
~Getting our first apartment
~Going to Cancun for our honeymoon
~Getting our first dog:  Oliver :)
~Mikey and my first married Christmas 
~My first vacation with the Baur family
~My first Christmas-tree burning bonfire
~Going to Chicago
~Getting in my first car accident (not so fun, but a memorable moment!)
~Getting my first real job
~Getting my second real job
~Seeing my first surgeries in person
~Seeing a new life come into the world
And so many other memories that I can't fit in this blog.  It fills me with so much expectancy about what next year will bring!  I am so grateful for my wonderful husband, my loving family, and all of the amazing friends that have remained close and those who I have only begun to get to know well.  God has been so faithful in growing me, in challenging my preconceptions, in stretching me to reach my fullest potential.  He has given me the people I needed to love and support me through hard times and the people who would laugh and be dorky too.  He has held my hand through a year filled with tremendous joys and many struggles, but now I've made it...and I can't wait to discover all that He will do and lead me to do over the upcoming year!  In Soul Cravings, the book I mentioned in my last post, McManus talks about the innate human desire to BECOME...God has invested in all of us a desire to grow, to better ourselves, and to better the world.  I pray that I and all the people I hold dear will discover more of God's call for our lives and that we would pursue those goals wholeheartedly, that nothing would get in the way of us becoming all that God has called us to be!  Bring on the new year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to see MORE posts!!!
Love,
Dad