2.19.2010

Did someone call 911?


Finally, after over a semester of studying, practicing, and dreaming, I am an official, nationally-certified Emergency Medical Technician!! Now, sadly, I am not really making use of said certification because it takes time to find the appropriate life-saving job, but I am hoping to start working at MUSC this summer as a patient care technician. I am also planning to start (hopefully in this upcoming week!) volunteering as a medical assistant at a health clinic in town. Either way, taking the EMT course has solidified by love for medicine and caring for patients! It has been wonderful to get to learn a little more about medicine and about the emergency medical system. I cannot wait to start using this certification to gain some real-life experience, not just classroom experience. Thanks to everyone who has encouraged and supported me in my dreams thus far. Special thanks to my wonderful, loving, and very patient husband!! If not for your willingness to help out and support my work, I wouldn't have gotten even this far...and there are still years to go! I look forward to working together to reach both of our dreams!

3 comments:

The Baurs said...

YAY! That is so awesome! I know you are happy to get that accomplished. (We all knew you were going to do fine on the test!!!) I'm taking you with me wherever I go now... just in case of an emergency! ;)

Sarah Ann Rogers said...

Yay!! Congrats :) If I need saving, I'll call you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Remember Lucy in the Peanuts cartoon strip: she set up a stand saying "Psychiatric Help, 5 cents" Now you can advertise "CPR, 5 cents"


yore GP