2.13.2011

block adoption

Yesterday, a group of about twenty young adults headed into a block in North Charleston to share a little food, a little time, and a lot of love with the people there.  Our young adult ministry, Genesis, has been going to this block for about a year, and we have started forging some great relationships with a number of the individuals and families there.  It is primarily a low-income community, and it has been such a blessing to be a small part of giving some of the kids Christmas presents, delivering turkeys on Thanksgiving, and hopefully simply sharing a bit of Jesus' love for them one weekend a month.

This Saturday, I decided to bring our dog, Oliver, along to help me break the ice.  While I absolutely love meeting new people, I am not the world's best small-talker, and my pup was a huge help in getting conversations started! And Oliver was a huge hit with young and old alike.  What a blessing to get to talk to some of these wonderful people! I really, really loved this weekend, and I look forward to Oliver, Mikey, me, and the team heading out there next month!

Here are a few pictures of Adopt-a-Block:







1 comment:

Larryboy! said...

I sure hope to see oliver next time :) oh and you and Mikey too ;)