3.17.2011

check that off the list

I am so, so excited to be able to say that, not only did I get my scholarship application for med school mailed in this week, but I also completed my FAFSA, loan applications, and MPNs!  All that is left for me to do to prepare the financial road to medical school is complete a 30 minute loan counseling session online.  This is required of anyone receiving federal financial aid.  This application process has been a new experience for me because I had enough scholarships to cover my undergraduate education at a local university without loans...but I feel that I have learned and conquered by trial-and-error :)  I was so overwhelmed by the prospect at first, that I kept putting it off.  But with deadlines around the corner and our taxes complete, it was time to jump in!  And it really was so much easier than I'd anticipated...hallelujah!

Mikey and I are both somewhat apprehensive about the fiscal side of attending medical school, but we know that where God calls, He equips and provides.  And so we are trusting in Him to get enough loans (and some scholarships would be nice!) to cover all of the costs awaiting us over the next four years.  We know that, whatever happens, we will make it through! I just feel so unbelievably blessed to be starting school in the fall...really and truly on the way to becoming a doctor!!!! Aaaahhhh...scary, awesome, and completely humbling.




And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs
from His glorious riches, which have been given to us
in Christ Jesus.
(Phil 4:19)


No comments: