9.04.2011

Mikey's First Flight Lesson

This past Monday was Mikey's 25th birthday, and to celebrate this momentous occasion, we (myself and my parents) got him a flight lesson.  Since he was a little boy, Mikey has loved all things having to do with planes.  Although he became a musician and minister, young Mikey wanted to be a pilot.  And this past week, his childhood dream was fulfilled...he took his first flight lesson, and will likely be signing up to start training towards getting his full pilot's license soon!

I got to ride along on this intro lesson, and I was so impressed with his instructor, and primarily, with Mikey.  He picked everything up so quickly.  By the end of the hour, he even did a take-off by himself and most of the landing...it was amazing! I was so incredibly proud of him, and I am excited for him to get to continue on...here are some pictures and a video to give you a taste of all the excitement!

Mikey getting excited before the first takeoff..

Me hanging out in the back seat during the flight :)

Mikey takes the controls

We flew over some really gorgeous areas...it was a bit foggy, but still lovely!

Mikey and his flight instructor towards the end of the flight...
I loved how the sun looked in this picture!

Gorgeous sky


No comments: