7.13.2014

Happy Fourth of July!

I know I am a little bit behind the times, but I wanted to wish everyone a happy 4th of July and share what we Baurs were up to last weekend :)

Mikey plays with a cover band / wedding band / reggae band in the Charleston area known as the Charleston Groove Factor (or Holy City Hooligans for their own work). Unfortunately, I am normally working or he is playing at a wedding whenever he performs, so I rarely get to go see him play with this amazing band. However, this past weekend, he played at the N Charleston Riverfront Park for their 4th of July festival! AND we had friends from church and tons of family come to the event, so I had plenty of company to sit with while I could hear him play. My mom and Gwen (my mom's BFF and my "second mom") came to the show, and it was wonderful getting to sit with them! (And explore the food trucks at the event after the show!) Mikey did an absolutely amazing job! I am always impressed by his talent and dedication to his art. I was so proud of him and happy I could actually come support him in person!



After his show, I said my hellos to new friends and family that had shown up, and then I spent the rest of the evening with friends from the Hive Church, while Mikey jetted off to Folly Beach to play another gig with the band there. Staying at Riverfront was great, even though I had to miss watching the fireworks with my honey, because I got some great time with amazing friends, and the fireworks display at Riverfront is the largest in South Carolina! It was amazing.  The whole night was a blast.



Last weekend also marked 35 weeks of pregnancy...making this weekend 36 weeks! Which means I am only one week away from being term, and hopefully not too much farther away from meeting my little girl! Mikey and I are both getting extremely impatient for Evelyn to make her arrival...I feel like it is all I think about when I am home. Luckily, I've been kept quite busy with my externship, which helps to keep my mind occupied and to make these last few weeks go by more quickly. But still...I'm so ready for Evy's debut!


No comments: