2.10.2009

Quieting Down

Life is never dull.  The past few weeks have been packed with assignments, the Super Bowl, trips, and everything else imaginable!  And this week has been full of tests for me.  Organic Chemistry on Monday; Genetics today; Physics tomorrow.  I feel like my life has been all studying lately.  And poor Mikey has been getting headaches and feeling icky all week.  So our home has been pretty quiet lately, filled with hours of reading, studying, and trying to get better.  But it has not been all bad at all.  I've been cooking more, and thanks to my mom's help on numerous emergency calls, we've been eating pretty well!  And the studying has been paying off because I feel really good about my test today.  And the quietness has given us a chance to calm down, if not relax totally.  It is amazing how easy it is to get caught up in all of the craziness of life, with school and marriage and work and family and friends all piling up on one another.  But with a few major demands on our time, we've gotten to focus a little bit more on what is really important:  God and one another.  I feel so blessed to have such an amazing, loving, and understanding husband and to have such a compassionate, peace-giving God!  Even if all of this studying doesn't pay off as much as I want it to, I can rest easy knowing that God's plan for my life is going to prevail.  I can trust in Him.  And trust that Mikey will be there through everything with me.  Life is good!

1 comment:

The Baurs said...

I love that pic of ya'll! The Super Bowl party was fun and you are so festive in your Steelers colors! :)