10.21.2009

Goodness Gracious!

Wow! Genesis was so great last night, and one thing really stuck out to me from the message...God is amazingly, incredibly, unbelievably FULL of GRACE!!! The talk was about the truth that only perfect people make it to heaven, and we discussed how that is possible since NOBODY is perfect...but the bare, naked truth is that we are all messed up, and on our own there is NO HOPE of heaven. BUT Jesus was absolutely, perfectly perfect, and He died so we wouldn't have to. He suffered and took on our punishment and our pain to make a way for us...He MADE me perfect! Nothing I do will get me into heaven, but His gift of grace gives me the choice to pick eternity with God over the punishment I deserve! And here's the shocking part...God's grace is for everyone. It isn't for those of us who follow enough rules and go to church and never did anything too bad. THERE IS NO TOO BAD. God's grace got rid of that. So Hitler and serial killers and rapists and prostitutes and everyone in the world I like to think I'm better than...they get just as much grace for their sins as I do for mine. And they get the same offer of grace. Because none of us deserve it. But all of us receive the offer. So what will we CHOOSE?

No comments: