10.26.2009

T-I-G-E-Rrrr-S!

This weekend, I headed up to Clemson to visit some of the greatest friends in the world! :) Many of them were bridesmaids in my wedding, and all of them are near and dear to my heart, even though we only get to see each other a few times a year now that I'm living back in Chalreston. It was so great to have a whole weekend of catching up and hanging out! My friend Tiffany, who was my next-door neighbor my freshman year of college, when I attended CU, turned 20 last week, and so I had to go visit! Friday night, one of the girls (Holly) made dinner, and then we had a birthday party for Tiff.

On Saturday, we all slept in, and then spent the day picking out and carving an awesome pumpkin named Jacques (as in Jack-O-Lantern :) aren't we clever?) That night, we went to the step show put on by some of the fraternities and sororities, and it was AMAZING! Just like Stomp The Yard :) I attempted some of the moves afterward, but somehow, it just wasn't as cool looking :) The Clemson-Miami game was being projected on the big screen in the auditorium before the show started, and throughout the show, they were making announcements on the score. When the hostess announced that Clemson had won in overtime, everyone started doing the cadence chant (1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, c-l-e-m-s-o-n, t-i-g-e-rrr-s. Fight tigers! Fight tigers! Fight! Fight! Fight!), and it was the first time since football games freshman year that I got to do the cheer with other Clemson fans! (sometimes I do it alone when Mikey and I watch a game because I still love Clemson, but it just isn't the same). Basically, it was awesome! Then on Sunday, everyone woke up early (like 7 am early) so we could go to Cracker Barrel before I got on the road at nine...what great friends!

I'm not having much luck uploading one of the videos I took from the step show, but I'll try to post it separately soon!

No comments: