9.01.2010

a wee bit of me Wednesday




{one} what’s your favorite day of the week and why?
Thursdays, because I get to volunteer at the Dream Center Clinic, which I LOVE,
and then I have lunch with my awesome hubs.
And then I REST and get some work done for the remainder of the day :)

{two} if you could have a glimpse of your future, would you choose to see it and what time would you want to see?
Normally I would say no, for sure.  But right now, I wouldn't mind flashing forward to October 1st when I find out whether or not I get into my first choice med school!

{three} if you could be any animal, which animal would you be?
I would be my dog Oliver...he's got the life.

{four} do you have a lucky number?
not really. but I have always been oddly fond of the number 18.

{five} if you could bring one famous person back from the dead, who would it be and why?
Mother Teresa...I would love to talk to her about her work and ideas!

{six} fill in the blank: peanut butter and ____________.
jelly fish.
My dad used to always say that when you see a jelly fish...
you know there's a peanut butter fish nearby!

{seven} would you rather live by the mountains or by the beach?
BOTH! but the beach if I had to choose.
I'd much rather swim in the ocean!

{eight} do you have any tattoos?
nope.  I don't think I ever will.

{nine} if you could retire tomorrow, what would you do?
keep working!
I'm not sure I'll ever retire...at least not until I'm really, really old.
If I do, I'd travel and volunteer at clinics!

{ten} what is your favorite all time movie?
Mulan.  I just can't help that this old favorite is still near and dear to my heart :)

4 comments:

Tishra said...

I don't blame you for wanting to fast forward to get your acceptance letters! Waiting is the worst part. I'm sure good news is in store for you soon! Best of luck.

Lindsey said...

#3 - I could say the same about my cat. And I love your dog's name! I wanted to name my brother that when he was born...apparently 4-year-olds don't have a choice in names.

#9 - so cool! we got to visit an AIDS clinic when I went to Africa. they definitely need more people who can do things like that.

#10 - love it :) such a good soundtrack, too!

chloë. said...

What's the Dream Center Clinic?

And I'm excited for October 1st for you! Can't wait to hear your news!!

Anna Baur said...

It is local clinic for people without money or insurance to go to a normal hospital or doctor's office. There are a couple people on payroll who run it, but most of us just volunteer...docs, NPs, nurses, EMTs...it is so awesome!