8.28.2010

the good, the bad, and the ugly

This week has been CRAZY!
Luckily, I have been blessed with not only some bad and ugly moments,
but also some very good ones...

1. I find out that I have contact lens keratitis...aka, my cornea cells have been dying, and I am banned from contacts until they heal.  Unfortunately, there is NO prescription to correct my vision so I have been half-blind for the start of #2.

2.  School is back in session! This is a beautiful and a stressful thing.  Not being able to see the board adds to the stress factor, but I am also excited because I know that once I get back into the swing of things, I will feel more capable and more on top of current issues and knowledge...and THAT is a wonderful feeling!  I did my first reading assignment last night and actually really enjoyed the refresher!

3.  I just got some really great news that means I'm one step closer to finding a medical school, getting experience, and becoming, one blissful day, a doctor! This new news, however, means that...

4.  I have to start really cracking down on re-learning/learning current healthcare news.  I am more into the philosophy and practice of medicine...not so much the politics and guidelines.  Luckily, I have a very smart and very politically-conscious friend who I'm hoping will share some wisdom!

5.  Last but certainly not least, my wonderful and astoundingly talented husband is turning 24 tomorrow! This means lots of celebrating...including the eating of mucho sushi.  Yum.  After church tonight, I'm focusing on fun and friends with the hubby!  Then, come Monday, it's back to the books.  But for now, I just get to enjoy some good times with the most amazing man I have ever met or been blessed to spend time with!  Love you, Mikey! Happy birthday!!!

2 comments:

Hilary Surratt said...

oh no! I hope your eye gets better! I use to get eye infections all the time & it was because I slept in my contacts... so I learned my lesson! Praying for fast healing for you!!!

Happy Birthday Mikey! Yall are such a sweet couple!

Kristin said...

Hope you're having lots of fun celebrating w/ your hubby today! Happy Birthday to him! Hope your eyes continue to heal well - and quickly. -