8.17.2010

why I love august


I am so excited for the rest of August because:


1.  School starts back, which means


     a) A more structured schedule! hallelujah!  I am a very orderly person, and this fluctuating schedule 
     over the summer has left me feeling a bit aimless.


     b) Something more productive to do with my time!  I have really enjoyed Chick-Fil-A and 
     will continue to work there (for fewer hours) when school starts back, but I love me some mental 
     stimulation...and chicken doesn't quite cut it.


     c) It's my LAST semester of undergrad, so starting this campaign to conquer this last bit of my degree
     feels like it will be so rewarding.  Plus, I only have cool classes left for this semester :)


2.  I finally made an eye appointment to have a doctor check out my blurry left eye.  About a month and
a half ago, I woke up only to find my left eye totally blurry.  Changing contacts hasn't helped.  Wearing
glasses hasn't helped.  A doctor I'm shadowing says my left retina is cloudy and suggested I go to an
opthamologist, which I am now finally doing! wooho!  Let's hope he has the cure.  Being half-blind is
the pits.


3.  Mikey and I start our married small group/class together! I love doing any sort of Bible Study with
my awesome hubs.  The fact that this class is taught by some great people and I've heard it's absolutely,
fabulously helpful and encouraging only adds to my excitement.


4.  I get to start volunteering at the Dream Center Medical Clinic again! My schedule has been too rocky to volunteer
 for the past month or so, and this Thursday evening will be my first time back in far, far too
long.  Plus, I have the beautiful stethoscope my Dad got me for my bday to brandish for the first time.


5.  The end of August means that September is right around the corner, and everybody knows, Fall is 
the best season!  I love the weather and the clothes.  Everything feels so clean and fresh.  And SC is not
as blisteringly hot. Aaaaaaah....I can feel myself relaxing already!


Happy August, everyone!

2 comments:

LeAnna said...

Nothing beats a brand new stethoscope! ;) Wahoo for fall, I think I'm ready. I do know I'm ready for cooler weather for sure!

Kristin said...

I hear ya! Bring on the fall!!!! The sooner the better for me :-) Glad you're enjoying more structured days, and I hope your blurry eye problem is fixed soon! I'm sure that's terribly annoying... Happy Wednesday!