8.02.2010

monday miscellany

[one] 
Does anyone else ALWAYS forget to give their dog medicine?
I hope this isn't an accurate prediction of how I'll be with my future kids meds.
Every month, I struggle to remember to give Oliver his flea and heartworm prevention.
But today, I was victorious! (and only one day late)

[two]
I don't know what's been in the water at our house, but I like it!
Even with all of the craziness going on in our home lately, 
Mikey and I have been able to steal away a little bit of time every day to spend together,
just the two of us.
If anyone is familiar with the five love languages, I'll share now that mine is
QUALITY TIME!
So my husband's sweet concern lately for our time together
is making me dig him even more :)

[three]
If you, like me, are in great need of some shorts,
check out Target!
I am not a target groupy like many people, but I like to take a look-see there every now and then.
To my great delight, my last visit yielded a great pair of shorts!
Mid-thigh--not too short or two long for this 5'2" girl.
And not too tight or too loose.
As a goldilocks in 2010, I must say, "they are juuust right!"

[four]
If you haven't read David Platt's book Radical, do so!
I officially finished it yesterday, and it was amazing!
It was great because, not only was it well written,
but what it was written ABOUT was so convicting and motivating:
*giving your whole life over to honoring God, not just basking in the grace of Jesus
*taking charge in changing the world for God's glory!
*being willing to sacrifice in order to give, not just giving out of leftovers
There is so much I am praying about and changing in my life right now.
I highly, highly recommend this great read!

[five]
Rabun is back from Uganda!
One of my best friends is back from working in a medical clinic in Uganda this summer.
She has pictures on her facebook, and I stole two to share with you.
Her stories from her blog are so touching and inspiring!
Check it out!

[five]
Blogging is far too addictive, and might just make me a little late to work today!
Sianara, Sisters!
Hope everyone else enjoys even more miscellany this Monday!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi Anna! I've got my dog's meds in my planner, otherwise I'd NEVER remember! Love that pic of you guys on the wall, and yes, Love the 5 Love Languages too... How wonderful you've been finding some special time to spend together. Eat it up! Happy Monday friend!

LeAnna said...

I can never remember to give my dogs their meds, and I worked for a Vet for 5 years. Thankfully, I do remember my kids. Ha!

Krissy said...

I need a new pair of shorts that aren't too short. Maybe I shoudl try target! Sometimes Target has good things and sometimes not.


I participated in Miscellany Monday too if you want to come visit us. :)

http://theartsymom.tk

Dorcas said...

I like those shorts! I will have to go and check those out. And YES! stealing a moment away with hubby is a good thing. We have 4 little ones but we try to do a date night once a month. It's a nice get away!

~blessings

Dorcas
4sweetangels.blogspot.com

Rachel L Riley said...

I ALWAYS forget to give my dogs medicine on time, especially if I need to order more! :(

Rabun said...

haha thanks for this! and I'm pretty sure I will be semi-neglectful when it comes to meds for our future Jozy!

can't wait for our coffee date!