7.12.2010

monday munchy miscellany




Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
{1} I am definitely not meant to be a butcher.  After my first day of training at Chic-fil-A I have realized one thing for sure...I am not an expert butcher, nor a particularly enthusiastic one.  Although I'll mainly be working up front, I have to start my training back in the kitchen.  It really isn't that bad.  It is actually reassuring to see the cleanliness and the good attitudes of the people in the kitchen (as well as their skills that far exceed my own)! But I am definitely appreciative of my status as future greeter/server/cashier! :)


{2} Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are deceptively complicated.  I never realized the true artistry of making a PB&J, but having asked my darling husband to make me one a few times now since we got married two years ago, I have realized that there is a science to it.  You need enough of both ingredients without having any one taste be too overpowering...or too gooey.  I will have to measure out my next sandwiches to give Mikey better directions :) haha

{3} Sticking to the food theme that has developed...I am in desperate need of a few cheap and easy recipes!  My poor husband has eaten spaghetti, enchiladas, and sandwiches a few too many times...as have I!  I recently made some really good baked chicken, but that demands sides.  Any good, easy casserole dishes you would recommend?  I am also a big soup fan, and I love my crockpot!  I'd really appreciate any ideas you could throw my way :)

{4}  Mikey's mom makes the BEST brownies!  We went to their house last night, and I had every intention of resisting any dessert temptation.  I even told Mikey on the way there.  But once those deliciously gooey brownies were out of the oven, I was defenseless.  At least it was a very sweet surrender!

{5} Home-made paninis are so good!  I was recently forced to experiment with my sandwich making when we were out of condiments, and I discovered that a ham and cheese sandwich on the George Foreman Grill is oh-so-good :) You can add little extras also, but I'm a panini purist, I suppose.  Mmm...great way to make a sandwich lunch seem more like a treat! 

5 comments:

carlotta cisternas said...

i am definitely not a butcher either! i shudder at the thought of touching raw meat ;)
and the brownies look TO DIE FOR. mmm.

Hilary Surratt said...

I didn't know you were working at chick-fil-a! That's so fun, I'll definitely have to come by and eat while you are working! which one??

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like what you have done with your blog! The new header looks great. :)

carissa said...

#3- you and me both! go to kraft.com and they have a "budgetwise" section. the recipes are decent... especially when you're used to eating spaghetti like we are! brownies are diet killers! i'm glad to know i can still eat at chick-fil-a! i love your munchy miscellany.

LeAnna said...

Oh my goodness, those brownies look delish!

There's a website called 5dollardinners.com, that has some great healthy and frugal ideas!