7.09.2010

it's been too long, blogging world

in one word or phrase- I'M BAAAAACK!

I’m dreaming of you- 21st birthday...less than two weeks away! :) I really, really love birthdays because they mean you get together with family and friends...and you get to go shopping!!! :)

song on repeat- Fix the World Up for You by James Morrison--I have been listening to him nearly nonstop on the long, long car rides between SC, Indiana, and Pennsylvania...his songs are so fun and so soothing...love them.


gotta write it down- ...so he grabbed his lucky pink inchworm foot... -near quote from a madlibs game my family played on the drive to Indiana!


lesson learned- Family is so, so important.  Any time you can steal away to reunite and spend some time with loved ones is well worth it.  Even when you haven't seen some family members in a long time, they're still family...and that is priceless!



picture to frame
With our kids on my cousin Jason's farm :)


highlight of the week- Seeing my dad's side of the family in PA after over a decade!  I loved seeing my mom's side of the fam in IN, but we got to go visit them after a long hiatus last summer.  So it was extra special to see my grandparents, my Uncle Jim, and my two cousins, James and Michael, in PA!!!

weekend to do list- get some pictures taken with my wonderful husband, hang out with some great friends, and SLEEP! I am exhausted from my long travels ha

3 comments:

lindsey said...

Yay!! Welcome back to blogging! That picture of you and Mikey is so adorable!

chloë. said...

love your recap, and happy [really] early birthday! :]

Kristin said...

What a cute new header!!! Missed you btw - glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip! As for your veggie question: I probably put the stove on medium heat (ours is electric), and just keep them moving so they don't burn. You can also put the lid on for a little while to help "steam" them. Don't let them cook too long though, or they'll get too tough or too mushy depending on the type of veggie! - Good luck! Hope you get some good sleep this weekend :-) ~Kristin from Windy Poplars