6.30.2010

Versatile Blogger Award!

Apologies to all of you wonderful blogging friends for being MIA this week!  I have been super, super busy with working, volunteering, finally finishing up my med school application, and preparing for a family vacation...aaaaahhhh!  And thanks to said vacation, I will likely be around very little over the next week, but I'll give a full update upon my return :)


Before I check out, I just want to THANK Chloe from Trying to Throw My Arms Around the World! She has one of my favorite blogs to read, and she just gave me this lovely blogging award! :)



So the way this works is:
{1} thank and link back to the giver of the award
[2] share 6 things about yourself
{3}pass this award on to other versatile bloggers you have recently discovered
[4] contact those bloggers to let them know they won

:)

My 6 Facts
{uno} 
I am currently attempting to learn medical spanish.  Ever since my husband starting learning Spanish and becoming awesome at it a couple of years ago, he has been bugging me about learning it.  Well, after our recent trip to Mexico I decided to bite the educational bullet, starting with medical spanish.  I figure I'll be more interested in this AND use it more, so picking up conversational spanish should be easier down the road....I hope.

{dos}
I LOVE ice cream.  It is a very unhealthy addiction.  In high school, I would daily eat about 1/3 of an ice cream container.  And I felt no remorse.  I've learned a bit more self control as I've aged, but I can still down some dairy like nobody's business if provoked to do so :)


{tres}
I do not have a favorite color. I used to claim pink because I was/am a rather girly individual, but I can no longer constrain my vast appreciation for colors in general.  I really, really love sherbert orange...I think it is gorgeous.  I am also a big fan of most greats and teals.  Orange and purple have a special place in my heart thanks to my devotion to Clemson University.  I mean, really, I'm just not too picky.

{cuatro}
I am a chronic over-analyzer.  This often gets me into trouble when I think WAY too much about some things...like the best way to enter a pool, or the best position to put your steering wheel in when parking, or...there are just too many things.

{cinco}
I cry more in movies when animals get shot than when people do.  I know this is a very controversial allegiance, but it isn't that I care more about animals than human beings.  I just know that the horse did not CHOOSE to ride into battle.  And, therefore, it seems totally unjust for the other team to take the strategy of shooting the horse rather than the rider.  The rider was informed.  Plus, I know he's just an actor.  That horse might really believe it's been shot.

{seis}
I danced ballet for 10 years, and I miss it like crazy!  My senior year of high school I had to go to physical therapy when my knees started acting up.  After that, I just never really got to dance a lot anymore.  Up until that time, I took about 5-6 classes a week (+rehearsals about half the year).  My ballet teacher was an amazing women who loved God, loved her students, and loved ballet.  She taught us so many valuable lessons, and she gave us the opportunity to make ourselves great...to persevere and work hard...to make something beautiful.  Sigh.  I love ballet.


And now for the really good stuff....
The award goes to...

Anne at Bibelot

Congrats, guys! :)

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi Anna! Guess what? I'm a retired ballet dancer too...I miss it terribly (plus I'm watching So You Think You Can Dance at the moment and am totally having withdraws)... I hope you have a wonderful family vacay - where are you going? Hope you had a great Wednesday!

Mandy said...

Hi Anna! Thanks so much for the award~ your blog is a great one! I tend to cry at everything in movies... not just deaths. My husband constantly laughs at me! I wish I had been a trained dancer. I try not to let that inhibit me and tend to dance probably more than I should! =) Have a great day!

Mrs. Blimes said...

Awe thank you! I am so excited!

And... I share your ice cream addiction in a major way.

Im addicted its a crisis! :0)

Lindsey said...

{1} thanks for your comment last week! another follower is always welcome...following you now, too :)

{2} I'm a fellow ice cream addict.

{3} & won't watch sad movies about animals. Bring on the tears when it's about humans!

:)

chloë. said...

I'm a retired ballet student and miss it like crazy, I could eat ice cream every day for the rest of my life and I've been trying to learn spanish my entire life and still have yet to do so, despite having a Central American immigrant of a mother. I see why we get along so well. :]

carlotta cisternas said...

i looove ice cream too. yum. & i don't have a favorite color - i, too, used to say my favorite color was pink!