6.21.2010

anniversary weekend miscellany

(1) ain't love grand? Thursday through Sunday, Mikey and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary! We went out to dinner, went to the beach, went to a pool party, watched good movies we've been wanting to see, walked around downtown, went to the park, and celebrated father's day with our families! It was such a fun and FULL weekend.  And it was a WONDERFUL way to celebrate two years of being hitched to my best friend, my live-in rockstar, and the man of my dreams.  Happy anniversary, Mikey!!

(2)  taking group jump pictures is tough work.  We tried to take a group shot jumping into the pool when we were swimming and enjoying the summer on Saturday, and it took multiple attempts.  I just realized that the best one where "everyone" is in the air is missing Mikey...he's just a little splash in the pool!

(3) Shutter Island is excellent! It was slightly disturbing, and I couldn't watch some more spooky parts...BUT it was very interesting and had a great twist ending.  I was enthralled the whole time.  Edge-of-the-seat level cinematography :) 

(4) Does anybody know when "How to Train Your Dragon" comes out on DVD???  I have been really, really wanting to see it since it came out.  Now, I'm just waiting on pins and needles for any news.  I am so out of the movie loop apparently.  Has anyone seen it? Is it truly as wonderful as I've heard??

I hope everyone has an excellent week! Head over to Carissa's blog to join in on the miscellaneous fun if you're interested! Just click on the button below :)  And be sure to congratulate her on the newest addition to her family! :)

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

5 comments:

mallory said...

I saw Shutter Island with the Combs tonight! It was excellent! We need to discuss what we each thought happened at the end because there were differing opinions. And that pool picture is great, and I am happy that your anniversary celebrations were fun and memorable!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree on the toughness of taking jumping shots together. Some jump too early, some jump too late....some fall in the pool. It just doesn't go as planned. ; )

As far as the how to train your dragon, I don't know when it comes out for sure, but I saw it awhile ago and I loved it!!

LeAnna said...

My Hubby and I celebrated our 4th anniversary on the 17th, June brides are the best! ;)
You two make a cute couple!

chloƫ. said...

Happy Anniversary!! The hubs and and I are coming up on year one, so we're basically a year behind you guys. :) so exciting!

And I for one did NOT like Shutter Island! I do like Leonardo DiCaprio (I've since forgiven him for Titanic), and thought he played a very convincing role, but I didn't like the movie as a whole. But I'm also a wimp when it comes to anything remotely scary, so I'm probably a little bit biased...

Kristin said...

Hi Anna! It sounds like you did have a wonderful anniversary weekend! Congratulations on 2 years. Isn't marriage wonderful??? Yes, I did see How to Train Your Dragon, and yes, it is wonderful. My DH and I both loved it! Not sure when it's coming out though. If I hear anything, I'll try and remember to let you know... That's kinda scary about the snake eggs. - Glad you found them...and saved the neighborhood from potentially harmful inhabitants! Hope you're having a lovely day so far... ~Kristin from Windy Poplars