6.03.2010

Prayer Warrior Wednesday






Cloe at Tryin to Throw my Arms Around the World started Prayer Warrior Wednesday, and this is my first week joining in. I just love the idea of all of us bloggers banding together to pray for one another and for the people in our other real-life relationships!!! God is so powerful and wonderful, and I am fully convinced that He listens to our prayers and He knows the cries of our hearts...and He wants to respond!


I just got home from a late dinner date with my wonderful husband after an awesome intro session to Beth Moore's Esther study. We are just starting to get into the meat of the study, but she brought up a few awesome things that I wanted to share to hopefully encourage you readers.


For starters, it's tough being a woman. There are struggles that it is difficult for anyone possessing a y-chromosome to understand. Fluctuating hormones is one struggle my husband, no matter how sympathetic he may be, will never understand. But the important thing to remember is that we are BLESSED to be women!! God has made us unique and separate from men to fulfill our own purposes...to do great things in the way only we can do them!


The second major thing that spoke to my heart is that God will NEVER leave or forsake us. We may not be able to feel His presence, but He is always there! There is no sin too great, no distraction too strong! God is always there. For you. And for me. Always. I've been in a season of life for a little while now where I feel like so much of my life is waiting and working...I have had to sacrifice some things I used to enjoy doing in order to concentrate on things that are more important right now. For me, this has caused me to struggle to maintain a sense of purpose. And with my sense of purpose in flux, my perception of God's presence is not always so steady. Which is why it is so wonderful to realize that none of that matters. My perception of God isn't what counts. it is the reality that He's there that really counts. Praise the Lord!!


If any of you have prayer requests, please leave them for me in your comments! I will be keeping you in my prayers throughout this upcoming week...I'd really love to be a warrior for Christ and for you! I truly do consider it a blessing to get to do any small thing to grow or help the body of Christ!!

1 comment:

chloƫ. said...

I love that you joined in this week! I'll definitely be praying for your missions trip! :)

And since you are now a "Prayer Warrior", you can pray for me to make the most out of my everyday, particularly at work. Thanks for praying!