6.25.2010

a test, an anniversary, and a zumba-experiment

Lettersfromcoco

In one word or phrase...relieved. and expectant. oops...two words! but both are much needed.
I'm dreaming of you...long hair. You are so elusive. It has been months, and you have still not arrived. At least I'm getting closer and closer to you. Perhaps this long wait will help me to never take you for granted once you've arrived!
Song on repeat...Kingdom Come by Elevation Church. It is such a beautiful song with such wonderful words. Check it out. Check, check, check it out.
Gotta write it down..."Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed" -Proverbs 16:3
Lesson learned...no amount of worry or preparation can really prepare you for a big moment. In this week, I got some major test scores back AND celebrated my second wedding anniversary. I thought I was prepared for both. And both still blew me away. The first, with such huge relief. And the second, with such sweetness and with so many great memories. Aaaahhh...thank goodness life isn't always what we plan or prepare for!
Picture to frame
taken by Cameron Leslie, who we ran into while on our anniversary date night!
He was doing a photo shoot downtown and was nice enough to snap a few photos of us as well!

Highlight of the week...watching Last Comic Standing with my amazing husband. There is nothing like laughing your head off with your best friend to make the world seem right.
Weekend to do list...
  1. Go to the BEACH! :) Don't worry, I'll lather on some hearty spf before facing the rays.
  2. Zumbathon on Saturday morning! woohoo! I just started Zumba this week, and I really enjoy it. I can't wait to dance off those calories for a cause!
  3. Group date night. These are probably some of the best nights ever. Can't wait.
  4. Having our missions team take over the main services at church this weekend. We're showing video from our trip to Mexico, performing a really powerful drama, and sharing our experiences and our heart with our whole church! What an awesome opportunity :)

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi Anna! Can I just say that is a GORGEOUS anniversary shot!? Congrats on both your test scores and your two years! - I agree - I LOVE laughing w/ my hubby. It's just about the best thing in the world! Hope you enjoy your weekend - it sounds like a fun one!

chloƫ. said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! And that picture is gorgeous!

But what do you mean by "expectant"??? Hmmm....? I may start spreading rumors, fyi. :D

Anna Baur said...

hahaha...NOT expectant like that! at least not for another 8 years or so haha. med school is closer in my future right now! hoepfully :)

Sarah Ann said...

I read expectant the same way - but I know you're not pregnant (I think ;D)

Callie said...

Beautiful picture!

Rachel L Riley said...

Yay for 2 years! Zumba was lots of fun-you did a great job! And I completely understand the growing hair out thing because mine seems to be taking so long! When I saw your pictures from your anniversary weekend I thought your hair looked longer, though.