12.07.2011

Watch and Pray

Last night at Genesis, we sang these words:

I hear the Savior say, "thy strength indeed is small. Child of weakness, watch and pray. Find in Me thine All in All!"

And then this morning on the bus I read these words from James 1:3:

For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow!


Both of these messages spoke straight to my heart. I have felt my faith being tested over the past few years...moving, marriage, faith struggles within my once very Christian home, battling depression and anxiety, waiting for things like having my own family and my own home in order to follow the call I believe God has placed on my life to be a doctor. Through all of this, I have been very aware of the incredible blessings all around me...my husband, my family, a few very amazing friends, a larger group of friends to laugh and goof around with, the first real steps into becoming a doctor, a home, plenty of food, freedom to think and believe what I choose, a wonderful body of believers with whom I can seek God. But with all of these blessings and all of my love for God and belief in Him, my faith...my simple trust in God to be who He says He is and to love me as He says He does, has been tried. And I have found that my strength is not great enough to make it on my own...so I am dedicating the next few weeks until Christmas to giving Him thanks for the smaller blessings of life that I tend to overlook, to doing at least one thing every day just to honor Him and bless someone else, and to praying at least one time every hour I am awake. This is my attempt to refocus, to reunite with my Savior...I want to watch, giving thanks for what I find, and I want to pray, hearing more from God about who He is and what He has for me.

I am sharing this on my blog because I may post some of what I experience and discover over the upcoming days...maybe every day, maybe just once or twice. And I also want to encourage anyone who might be reading this to know that God is bigger than our questions, bigger than our fears, and much bigger than our inadequacies.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

love it Anna! Thanks for sharing. Those words are good and powerful. And I know I can relate.