4.09.2010

Bon Voyage to ???

So for my twenty-first birthday, my wonderful parents are offering me a fun trip!  My mom and my sister Nina went to LA for Nina's 21st.  Now, mine is right around the corner, and my mom brought up my trip the other day.  She said we can go anywhere (within reason) for a few days!  It will just be me and my mom (Mikey and my dad have already given the loving support to this), and I am trying to figure out where to go.  Here are my ideas so far:


The Big Apple
I've been here before, but right now it is my first choice because 1)I've been dying to see a broadway show, which I have never done before!  2)there is so much good shopping there!  and 3)you just can't go wrong with NYC.  I know mom and I would find tons of great places to eat, shop, and entertain ourselves for a few days :)
LA
I've never been to the West coast, and I would love to go to California!  I'm just not so sold on what we would do here besides the beach and shopping.  I'm really into shows and entertainment, so if you've got any great ideas for LA (or somewhere else cool on the West coast), I might be persuaded!
Boston
I think I went here with a friend's family when I was younger, but it was too young to really remember.  This is one of my mom's favorite places, so I know she'd be a great tour guide.  I love the north, and the weather will be really nice since we're going sometime in the summer!  I would LOVE to go to a red socks game, but I'm not so sure how plausible that would be, since I hear it's really hard to get tickets.


So what do you think?  Vote for one of these or any other place you love, and let me know your reasons why!  Especially if that includes fun ideas on things to do wherever I end up :)

5 comments:

lindsey said...

My vote is for NYC! I saw The Little Mermaid on Broadway a few years ago and it was seriously amazing!!! Plus, there's so much to do there! I've been to L.A., and in my opinion, it's nothing special. It seemed either really dirty or super snobby. If you decide to go to California, I'd recommend Laguna Beach. I lived there for a bit and it was wonderful. I've never been to Boston (and putting aside the fact that I hate the Red Sox) but I hear it's beautiful and has tons of history. Let me know if you do end up going to Cali! I have tons more I wanna tell you about it! :o)

Maria Sanchez said...

ok so i might be a little biased with my advise, but i will say L.A!!! only because you've never been there. there are so many things you can do like, celebrity tours, site seeing, shopping, tv show tapings, etc.

Sarah Ann said...

I vote for California. I've never been there either! :) But any of these look so fun!

The Baurs said...

After our trip to LA in May I will let you know all the stuff to do! So far it seems like there is tons!! But NYC seems like it would be SUPER FUN too!!! Tough choice! You could also look at it like will you and Mikey take a trip to visit either one anytime soon? If one seems more like a you and Mikey place, maybe do the other one with mother! :)

Rabun said...

Okay, so I'm gonna go with BOSTON!

It is SOOOOOOO much better than NYC. It smells better and is so much greener! I bet you you can find a Broadway show touring there, too. The shopping is like, just as awesome I would say.

That is my personal biased opinion. Good luck making decisions : )