4.13.2010

in His hands

O Lord , you have examined my heart
and know everything about me. 
You know when I sit down or stand up.
  You know my thoughts even when I'm far away.
 
You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.
  You know everything I do.
 
You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord .
You go before me and follow me.
  You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
  too great for me to understand!
 -Psalm 139: 1-6

In my quiet time this afternoon, I came across these verses...To be honest, I went to the well-worn and marked page in my Bible on purpose.  With the semester coming to a close, finals and my MCAT looming on the horizon, and an upcoming move (just down the road), my mind and my life have been a whirlwind.  I was feeling overwhelmed and over-burdened.  I went to these verses for a much-need reality check.  And the beautiful reality that greeted me was that I don't have to try so hard to conquer everything.  God knows me.  He made me the way I am.  He has a plan for my life.  It is so astounding to me to think that the God of all creation knows more about me than my husband or my best friends!  He knows me better than I know myself because He sees past what I perceive to what is really there.  And the more amazing thing is that He wants to know.  How can I possibly merit his consideration, much less his tender love?!  I cannot understand it, but I can be comforted by it.  My God knows me, and my life is in his hands.  My heart can rest easy.  Thank you, God!

You saw me before I was born.
  Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
  before a single day had passed.
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
  They cannot be numbered!
-Psalm 139:  16-17

2 comments:

i'm no miss said...

This is beautiful. I, too, have the tendency to burden myself always with hitting things always perfect that I'm already over-burdening myself most times.

Beautiful psalms.

Sarah Ann said...

I love these verses. I need to remember them...