4.26.2010

M is for monday...mantra monday

THIS WEEK I am taking my first final, finishing up my MCAT preparation course, and moving into a new house!  (a.k.a. I'm in desperate need of prayers this week!)


I BELIEVE that God is bigger than these hurtles ahead of me and that I have nothing to fear.  My mom, when I was younger, starting referring to every test, even finals, as a "little quiz," and although it sounds like a silly little thing, it always makes me feel a little calmer to realize even things that seem huge at the time are little in comparison to the far greater obstacles in, and the far bigger dreams I have for, this world!


I'M ADDICTED to preparing our new house.  I dream about it.  I think about it incessantly when I'm awake.  On saturday I painted for twelve straight hours with a small break to run to Walmart for a step stool to keep painting! We finished on Sunday, and now I'm just thinking about getting the bathrooms ready and the curtains hung before our official move-in day!! and PACKING!!!  There's so much to do, and I cannot stop thinking about it :)


I WISH that Thursday would be here already so I could start moving in and be done with my first final!  But, alas, it is not so...I suppose I'll just have to study and be patient :)


I'M JEALOUS of Mother Teresa's patience! Is it a sin to be jealous of a virtue? :) haha Well, all I know is that every time I hear her story again, I am astounded at her patience, her quiet diligence to her tasks, to people.  I wish that I had the patience to methodically and sometimes slowly remain committed to one thing, not pushing it too hard, but trusting in God that things will happen.


MANTRA FOR THIS WEEK:
"I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me"
-Psalm 16:8



P.S. Things have been so crazy, I haven't uploaded any picture from the weekend (and I really forgot to take many)! But for those of you who are excited to see how all our hard work painting worked out, I'll try to get them up tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

Rachel L Riley said...

The one thing about owning a house is that there is always more and more you can do! Don't worry, you will be amazed at how much you personalize it over time--don't work yourself too hard! But yaaayy!

Anne @ Sincerely, Britches said...

Good "luck" with finaly -- GOD IS BIGGER! :)

Hilary Surratt said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your new place!!! I'm kinda jealous that you're moving out of springhouse and we are staying here one more year because of myself staying home with the baby for a while and not going to be able to work! I just have to keep telling my self that we are saving money to move out next year! :) oh, and good luck on finals!

Sarah Ann said...

Yay for doing a Mantra :)