4.20.2010

A few of my favorite things...

Lately, I have fallen in love with a few things! Here's a look at a few of them:

1.  my new skirt from banana republic!!  One of the things I consider when buying pants/shorts/skirts is how short they make my legs look because I have a comparatively long torso, which is why I'm so into this new trend of high-waisted skirts (this is my first one)!  The skirt is so cute and comfortable...my favorite combo for any outfit :)  I can't wait to tuck in some shirts and show off this cute new piece!
2.  reading while exercising.  I've been on a bit of a health kick lately, and one of my struggles is finding something to occupy my mind while I'm riding the stationary bike...and lately, I've started READING! There's not too much movement on a stationary bike, so I don't feel sick. I'll read for school, read a book I'm going through with a friend, read a magazine...anything!  I get to give my mind a break by doing an activity I love, and it makes the exercise time go by more quickly! Check and Check!
 +  = 


3.  PBJ smoothies from Planet Smoothie!  They are delicious, somewhat nutritious, and they make me feel hip :) haha.  For those of you who haven't been to Planet Smoothie, correct that mistake immediately...you are missing out!  They have so many different types, and I hear they're all great...although I've not strayed too far from my go-to PBJ :) de-lish!

So there you have it.  A few things that have made me smile lately :)  What are some of your favorite things??! I'd love to hear!

6 comments:

Anne @ Sincerely, Britches said...

Came across your site from Sarah Ann's bon mot. Very cute!

And reading while exercising is a definite win! I just started doing that a couple weeks ago and it's awesome! :)

carissa said...

anna, i'm so glad you commented so that i could be reminded of your precious blog!!! the skirt is fantastic... i know it looks adorable on you! i've never read while working out, but i have thought about listening to audio books on my shuffle. pbj smoothie... very interesting! i love pb&j's so i'm sure i'd like that. i'm following you now (i should've been a long time ago!!!).

Kristina said...

some of my favorite things- afternoon nap in the hammock, long awaited flowers finally blooming, the oh so simple but definately my fav- "Mama, I sure do love you"...

The Baurs said...

LOVE the PBJ as you well know! We share this passion and need to go drink some and treat ourselves!!!! :)

Kelsi Whitehorn said...

Whoa...where is this Planet Smoothie because I LOVE their PBJ's!! I used to get them all the time when I lived in Asheville.

Anna Baur said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Melissa, we DEFINITELY will be getting some smoothies once life is less hectic...or maybe as a break from the craziness :)

Kelsi, it's downtown right on King St!! :)