4.16.2010

Roca Blanca!

This summer, Mikey and I are going back to Oaxaca, Mexico! We went last summer with a team from our college ministry, Genesis, and we fell in love with the people and the area.  I was extremely bummed when a planned medical mission trip scheduled for this March was cancelled, but I have been praying and trusting that everything is in God's hands.  And He has blessed us with another opportunity to return to Oaxaca (and the Roca Blanca missions base) in June!  We are so pumped :)  This past Wednesday night, the missions team had a DELICIOUS pancake dinner to raise some funds, and this coming Saturday we will be having a car wash...it was so fun getting to spend some time with our team, and it was so good to see the generosity and support from the people in our church! My thanks to everyone who participated or attended!!  Here are a few pics of the evening...I was at the door taking donations, so I didn't have many opportunities for pictures :)

The Team prepping all the food!
Sarah and Jessie preparing to serve the flapjacks
Maria and I trying to look pancake-dinner-y :) haha

Also, here are some pics from our trip last summer...I can't wait to go back!



1 comment:

Sarah Ann said...

:) love it! I'm super excited that we are going together! And I love your new blog design!