4.14.2011

donut burgers

A friend of mine and Mikey's, Kendrick, told us about this amazingly delicious (and remarkably artery-clogging) food about a month ago, but we sadly missed out on his first foray into donut burgers.  But last night after Mikey and Kendrick got done leading worship at the youth service at our church, we had some friends over, and Kendrick made the burgers!!  All you do is make normal burgers (or you can use chicken!), and then you add donuts for the bun, cooking it on a frying pan for a couple minutes on each side...that makes the sugary donut coating kind of caramelized.  Let it cool for a minute before you eat, or it will caramelize on your fingers (delicious, but possibly painful)!  Kendrick had told us it tastes like a gourmet McGriddle, and I cannot deny the accuracy of his observations :)


The men hard at work in the kitchen :)


Donut-ing the burger


The final product! :)


Our happy chef :)

2 comments:

SydneysHome said...

Oh wow! I've heard of this, but I've never tried it. I like those things individually, but I don't know if I could eat them together - in good conscious at least. :)

Anonymous said...

Ew, they look a little disturbing! I love a good regular donut though!