5.17.2010

be here now

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to join in with Carissa's miscellany monday again :)  I'm super busy studying, so here are just a few miscellaneous factoids to share!




1. I redesigned my blog! I'm so excited.  I had some free time from studying, and I needed something to distract me from picking up my flashcards again...so I decided to look up some cute scrapbook kits online (which I heard of from my friend Sarah at Sarah Ann's Bon Mot).  I found some really cute free ones! Then I just sat down for a while and played with all of the fun things I found!  I hope you like it :) I'm very pleased with my first real attempt at blog design!  Please grab my new button!!



Photobucket


2.  I have rediscovered my love of waffle house.  I know. I know.  You think I'm crazy.  But there is just something wonderful about good eggs and toast with jelly at 2 am...it cannot be beat!  Mikey and I headed there last night with some friends after a fun game night at our new house!!  I love having people over now that we've got room for people to sit :)
3. The yard work is still definitely in progress.  BUT I am determined to finish it before a leadership party we are hosting this friday night!  Even if I have to do it after my MCAT Friday morning, it will be completed! I just need to loosen up the dirt, buy a few bushes, and plant them in the ground!! It's already evened out and edged :)  Too bad it rained to day or I might have been tempted to go ahead and make it to the final product!
4. The quote that I'm sticking to this week is one of my favorites, but I need to keep reminding myself of its message!! "Life is a tenuous thing. Fragile. Fleeting.  Don't wait for tomorrow. Be here now. Be here now.  Be here now."  With all of the craziness of life right now, I find it difficult to concentrate at the task at hand, whether its studying, relaxing, or working some problems...and I just need to remember the importance of being fully wherever I am at that moment!

6 comments:

carissa said...

anna, fantastic job!!! it's adorable! i tried grabbing your old button, but it wouldn't work = sadness. so, i grabbed your new one! yippee! your waffle house love makes me cringe... ha ha! i can't take that place. but i'm weird like that. keep us updated on your beautiful garden... i want to see more of it! the Lord is going to bless your hard work as you take the MCAT!

Sarah Ann said...

YAY! :) That is so awesome! I love it! You did a great job!
What program did you use?

Courtney said...

Love the quote! Good luck with studying. I enjoyed your randoms. Blessings!

Anna Baur said...

Sarah, I just used seashore :) finding one of those scrapbooking kits made all the difference though!! :) I'm still not totally in love with the background...just because I also like simplicity. BUT i'm having fun figuring it all out :)

Kelsi Whitehorn said...

Anna, I am so impressed!! Your blog looks great...I wouldn't even know where to start with this stuff.

Kristin said...

Hi Anna! Found you from Miscellany Monday...what a pretty blog you have here! I really enjoyed your last quote - that's a great one. I'm bad about always looking to the next thing and not living consciously in every moment. Thanks for the reminder. It's also fun to meet a fellow gardener! Hope your plantings go well. Look forward to getting to know you better? ~Kristin from Windy Poplars