5.27.2010

idealism

idealistic?
definitely.


I admit it.  I am idealistic, young, and often naive. I believe people can change...the world itself can change.  Sometimes I feel so isolated from the world by my hope for change, my belief in the existence of something better.  Don't get me wrong.  I know people aren't perfect.  But I firmly believe we should all be striving for perfection.  We are called to be more like Christ, more like God Himself. That's not a big task.
So what is it about us human beings that wants to say that less is ok?  How can we accept the world as it is?  I'm sorry...but I can't.  I can love people where they're at.  I can see the world for what it is.  BUT I want to make a difference.  I want things to change.  And here's the kicker...I believe that they can!

Just as I was starting to feel like maybe being idealistic was a mistake...maybe things can't change, we sang this song at church:


Jesus Lord of heaven, oh I do not deserve
the grace that you have given and the promise of Your word
Lord I stand in wonder of the sacrifice You made
Mercy beyond measure, my debt You freely paid


Your love is deeper than any ocean 
higher than the heavens reaches
beyond the stars in the sky
Jesus Your love has no bounds 



God spoke these words so strongly to my heart Tuesday night, and I have been singing them ever since.  Maybe I'm not big enough to make a difference in this world, but my God is!  Maybe I'm not loving enough to really love everyone, but God's love at work in me is big enough, strong enough, unconditional enough!  His love has no bounds.  He has given us so much more than we deserve, and He promises us no less than perfection through His Son! Hallelujah! I guess I'm not so crazy after all...

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi Anna! Thanks so much for stopping by Windy Poplars today...it was nice to meet you :-) Look forward to getting to know you better. I had fun looking around your blog a little. Looks like you have some exciting things/trips coming up soon! LOVED your 1st anniversary pics. Too cute! Hope you're having a wonderful day, ~Kristin from Windy Poplars

carissa said...

i love that song, anna!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Amen...God is big enough to change each person, the world, and ourselves! Such a comfort to know. :)

Megan said...

We had a conversation in my Bible class about if people could change. I think that people can change. It is possible for people to change. :) Through God, anything and everything is possible.

I am following your blog, I would love if you stopped by my blog and followed me.

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com