5.06.2010

Home Sweet Home

I've always known that I'm not the type of person that can relax.  It's not that I've never relaxed in my life; it's just that it doesn't do much for me.  I ENJOY feeling productive, looking back on my day and seeing a job well done.  Perhaps this explains why in my first day of freedom (after my last final, which was at 8 am!), instead of curling up on the sofa for a movie, a nap, or even a good read, I decided to engage in some manual labor.

I started out the day with a Western Civ final and an untamed yard ahead of me...
(This is a picture of the other part of the yard, which I'll be working on next.  I didn't take a good before picture of the area I did yesterday, but this gives you an idea on what I was working with!)

Once I conquered that pesky final, I headed home.  After about fifteen minutes of rest, while Mikey showed me how the cable guy had hooked up our cable and internet, I headed out in the yard to shovel three wheelbarrows full of rocks, and then I proceeded to plant four cute little evergreen bushes in my newly tilled flowerbed.  Then I added some flowers.  Then some mulch.  And this is the beautiful creation I ended up with around seven in the evening!! It was so much work.  I have three blisters on my hands to prove my labor.  But it was well worth it!
Here are some more pictures of the house...I've finally taken a couple to share with you wonderful blog followers!
Hope everyone has a lovely day!!!

1 comment:

carissa said...

yay for being finished with finals!!! the garden is lovely!!! you must have a green thumb. your house is gorgeous!!!