5.10.2010

linked up to miscellany monday




1.  Mikey has decided to hand over the reins to the budget to yours truly recently.  For those of you who know about Dave Ramsey's financial peace, some friends of ours are going through it and told us that the "free spirit" should not be in charge of the budget.  Therefore, Mikey has given me control! :) I originally asked him to do it when we were first married because I got stressed over it, but now I'm actually rather excited intrigued to see where this goes.  I'm ready to take on the challenge!
2.  Tonight was a big night in the Baur household because of two major accomplishments.  1) Mikey spoke at his small group, and he has never done a sermon before! He made me a copy of the recording, and I can't wait to listen!! 2) Mikey's softball team beat their major rivals in the game tonight! woohoo!!!
3.  We ripped up the bush stubs in front of the house this morning (thanks to our neighbor Eryc), and I am now taking on digging up the rest of the junk there in order to plant some more bushes! This will be the last major stage of my yard overhaul.  I am really enjoying the mindless labor of yard work! :) It's very fun and relaxing to just get to work in the sunshine!!
4.  I am SO GLAD one of my BFFLs from Clemson is home for the month so we can STUDY together for our MCATs!  We are taking them a day apart, so we've decided to be afternoon study buddies to conquer this test! :)  hooray for friends who make studying more enjoyable
5.  Mikey's cousin works at the airport, and as an employee there, he and his immediate family members fly free ANYWHERE (besides the flight tax)!! It is insane.  He just takes off to Germany or California or wherever, whenever.  It is awesome.  Mikey has considered working at the airport part time (aka super early in the mornings) so we can take advantage of this excellent time in our lives for travel! I'm not sure if it will ever actually occur, but I like to dream of us traveling the world, even on a tight budget!! :) haha

5 comments:

carissa said...

hi anna! thanks so much for joining in!!! i'm super excited that you linked up! wow... mikey had quite the night! oh, i took over our budget too and we've always done the ramsey thing. have fun! don't stress over it too much! i know you will do amazing on the mcat... you are one smart cookie and God is going to honor all of your diligence! congrats on the new house. oh my goodness - he should definitely work at the airport for a short time so you guys can go on a vacay!

Sarah Ann said...

If Mikey gets that job, can you sneak us on the plane, too? :)
Also, Billy said that Mikey did a really great job speaking! Go him!

Callie said...

Hi! I just cam across your blog, and I've been enjoying reading it!
Go you! You're brave to take on the budget. Finances stress me out a little bit, but my hubby and I handle different halves of the budget - he handles bills and saving for certain things, and I handle groceries, etc, and saving for other things! It works out alright!
It's nice to find other Christian married ladies on here! :-) I hope you don't mind if I follow you!

Anna Baur said...

Callie Nicole, I'd love to have you follow the blog! Thanks :) I agree...it's so nice to find people in similar situations to you and to hear how they're handling things and living life! :)

cait said...

Just found your blog...love it! :) That airport deal is great! Maybe I can convince my hubby to look into that...haha! I agree that early in marriage w/o kiddos seems like the perfect time to see places. Also, we are Dave Ramsey "geeks"...well I guess I'm the "geek" and my hubby is the free-spirit. It takes a couple months to really get going..but once you make your budget and start your envelope system...you will see serious change in how much you can give and how much you can save. It's been such an amazing blessing in our lives.

Take care!