5.20.2010

congratulations are in order

I am a couple of days late to congratulate my parents (via blog...I did so in person already!) on their thirty years of marriage!!  I figure it is acceptable to say it today anyway because they're still in celebratory mode...today is my dad's birthday, and he is turning the age he thought he was all along last year...so it's like a freebie birthday :)  
Happy Birthday, Daddio!
I am so extremely proud of my parents for their amazing love for one another.  They have shown me throughout my whole life how important it is to enjoy one another, to laugh and have fun together, and to commit to making it through hard times together.  My parents have told me since I was old enough to understand that divorce is not an option for them...they made a promise to one another and to God that this was it.  And for thirty years, it has been! :)  And it is wonderful to know that they really do still enjoy being together.  My family is so wonderful, and I feel incredibly blessed to have grown up with both parents still in love and overflowing with love for me and my sister.
Congratulations, Mom and Dad!! Love you!

3 comments:

carissa said...

congrats to them on 30 years! what a beautiful accomplishment!

Sarah Ann said...

I totally forgot that your dad's birthday is today! But I remember that from last year when we discoverered it was the same as Billy's! :) Happy day to them!

Anonymous said...

so sweet!