5.14.2010

love those z's

I finally got a full night of rest last night, and I am feeling awake, refreshed, and ready to take on this day!  For the past week, I have been doing very little apart from studying for a big upcoming test.  Luckily, one of my best friends (and one of the smartest people I know!) is taking the same test the day after me :) So we have been study buddies!! 
(Rabun is in the middle :))
I love being able to talk theories and facts to make sure they're all correct and fully formed.  
Besides at least a couple hours of studying with Rabun every day, I've been studying on my own too!  
And during breaks, I've been trying to get my latest yard project completed.  It's nice to do some mindless work to give my brain a break, but at the end of the day, my brain AND my body are exhausted.  I have been falling asleep on the sofa around 10 almost every night.  With all of the busyness during the day, the evening are the only times Mikey and I can hang out, and I've mainly been snoozing! Then, I can't sleep past 7 in the morning, so I get up and get going before Mikey is even awake!
(Doesn't he look like he's worth staying up later for?! :))
So yesterday, I decided to force myself to stay awake until a bit later...Mikey and I just hung out and relaxed for a little while after his softball game.  The result: a beautifully restful night and a later wake-up, feeling so REINVIGORATED! I love a good night's rest.  There's nothing better to help me recharge when I feel like I'm in the middle of an endless period of work!!
What are some things you do to help you unwind or feel more relaxed during stressful seasons of life?

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love to walk the dog, read a good romance novel, sometimes work in the yard, listen to some good worship music! and always hang with the family!